FBD is a software which can calculate freeboard of a vessel. It has got some very useful features, like:
1. A graphic user interface for easy use
2. Easy and intuitive data input
3. The Loadline mark and different freeboards(Summer, Winter,Tropical etc.) shown in output
3. Automatic generation of a detailed word report demonstrating the entire calculations and the Loadline mark (only in PRO version)
4. Help Topics on crucial aspects of the calculations.
5. Video help files for using the software.
6. Up-to-date calculations based on latest provisions and revisions of the ICLL
Instructions for setup:
Download the Setup file and double-click to install. Follow the instructions for installation.
****Please note that you need WinRAR to unzip the installation files! Get it here:
****Please ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader for opening the report generated in Full Version. Get it here:
Folllowing are the updates in Version 2.0:
1. Now FBD covers vessels under the length of 24 m as well, as per UK GOV MSIS003/PART 4/REV 1.01 LOAD LINE INSTRUCTIONS
2. Tabular Freeboard formula for less than 24 m ships added: 50 + 150 x L/24
3. Correction for superstructure for less than 24 m ships added: 350 mm x L/24
4. Freeboard length formula and inputs corrected. (Now user is being asked to enter the waterline length at 0.85% D, as well as the distance from CL of rudder stock to fore side of stem)
5. Min Bow height formula corrected
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Q. Does it calculate freeboard for vessels under 24 m?
A. Yes, the version 2.0 calculates freeboard for under 24 m vessels too
Q. I am unable to view the report generated.
A. Please ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed. Get it here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Q. I am unable to unzip the downloaded setup file.
A. Please note that you need WinRAR to unzip the installation files! Get it here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm