This spreadsheet calculates the Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) of a new ship. EEDI is a measure of carbon emissions of a ship.
1. Enter the principal particulars, Main Engine Particulars, Aux. Engine Particulars,
Shaft Motor Particular (if any), Generator particulars, and particulars of Innovative Technologies (if any)
2. The spreadsheet will automatically calculate the EEDI value once above inputs are known
3. The detailed report can be viewed by clicking the button ‘View Detailed Report’
4. In the final report, the inputs are highlighted in blue. Please don’t make any changes to the report.
For making any changes, please use the button ‘Go Back’ on each page of the report
1. Not applicable to diesel-electric propulsion system LNG, turbine propulsion or hybrid propulsion systems
2. Detailed calculation of Availability factor for each effective technology is not included
“1. MEPC 245(66) 2014 GUIDELINES ON THE METHOD OF CALCULATION OF THE
ATTAINED (EEDI) FOR NEW SHIPS”
2. GL VI 13-1-e – Guidelines for Determination of the Energy Efficiency Design Index
5. MARPOL Annex VI Reg 20 & 21