- Based on Eurocode 3, this Excel sheet helps you design/select the bolt size at a joint.
- A bolted joint comprises incoming member welded to the endplate.
- The endplate has bolt holes for connection to other members.
- The spreadsheet rigorously calculates all the stresses coming onto the bolt – shear, bending, tensile and bearing
- Also checks the spacing, end and edge distances for bolts against those required by Eurocode 3
Based on Eurocode 3: Design of steel structure; Part 1-8: Design of joints