“The Excel app helps you to calculate the various types of oil cargoes in cub. meters or US Barrels (Oil) in the relevant standard temperature and weight, using in recognized mathematical formulas and ASTM table 6A, 6B, 6D,54A, 54B and 54D.
The spreadsheet can be used during loading/ discharging or lightering operations by Master/Officers on board Tankers and/or Marine Cargo surveyors.”
How to use?
The user is asked to provide input such as Ship’s particulars, draft forward, aft, list, various tanks designation, type of cargo and relevant density, gauging, observed quantity and temperature etc.
The Input cells are highlighted in blue or yellow.
Additional information and guidelines for the different input required can be found in the guide sheet.
– Crude Oil API Range 0,6112 mt/m³ to 1,1638 mt/m³
“- Products API Range 0,6112 mt/m³ to 1,1639 mt/m³
– Lub Oils API Range 0,8013 mt/m³ to 1,1639 mt/m³
“- Crude Oil API Range -10 to 100
– Products API Range -10 to 100
– Lub Oils API Range -10 to 45
– Temperature Range -50 to 150 ⁰ C ( – 58 to 302 ⁰F)
1. ASTM Petroleum Measuring Volume I – Generalized Crude Oils (Tables 5A & 6A)
2. ASTM Petroleum Measuring Volume II – Generalized Products (Tables 5B and 6B)
3.ASTM Petroleum Measuring Volume VII – Generalized Crude Oils (Tables 53A & 54A)
4. ASTM Petroleum Measuring Volume VIII – Generalized Products (Tables 53B and 54B)
5. ASTM Petroleum Measuring Volume XIII – Lubrication Oils (Tables 5D & 6D)
6. ASTM Petroleum Measuring Volume XIV -Lubrication Oils (Tables 53D & 54D)
7. ASTM Petroleum Measuring Table 13 – Metric Tons per 1000 US Gallons at 60°F and per Barrel at 60°F against API Gravity at 60°F
8. API MPMS Chapter 11.1 – Temperature and Pressure Volume Correction Factors for Generalized Crude Oils, Refined Products, and Lubricating Oils