*****NOTE: The full version which assesses stresses and moments too has been launched! *****
Subsea Free spans can become a challenge in pipeline design and operation due to uneven seabed or seabed scouring effects. In many cases local scouring or erosion underneath the pipeline causes the free spans.
As a result of free-spans subjected to wave and current loading, not only the pipe may be subjected to ultimate load conditions, but also due to vortex induced vibrations (VIV)
the fatigue life may be significantly reduced. The costs related to seabed correction and span intervention is often considerable.
Multiple tables and formulations are simultaneously solved to arrive at the conclusions in-line with DNVGL-RP-F105. The sheet maybe utilized at the Tender stage to identify the nature of free-spans resulting from pipe-lay and take into account mitigation measures for the free-span beforehand.
The program has two versions: COMPACT and FULL
The COMPACT version performs the following:
- The sheet provides the assessments of Vortex Induced Vibration and Fatigue Check
- The sheet takes into account the free-span frequency analysed by modal analysis performed in other tools like OrcaFlex, OFFpipe other other tools.
The conclusions can be utilized to preliminarily and quickly screen off the non-critical free-spans and identify the potentially critical ones.
In the FULL VERSION , apart from the compact analysis, the following are included:
- Assess the natural frequency of the free-span if the information is not available to the user from other tool
- Assess the stresses and moments generated from the highest vibration amplitude caused by the vibration.
- Consider different material apart from high tensile steel.