This App generates wave scatter diagrams for locations across the globe, based on DNVGL RP C-205.
The design of offshore fixed or floating structures as well as moorings for long term usage requires two major assessments : Ultimate Limit State (ULS) as well as Fatigue Limit State(FLS).
The designers refer to the metocean report for their assessment. Such reports are of high value due to their detail and often not accessible easily in a pre-contractual stage.
In the lack of information, DNVGL class has studied various global models and proposed a method to evaluate the probability of occurrence of various seastates (or Scatter diagrams) for various navigational zones.
- The scatter diagram generated is based on ‘Conditional Modelling Approach'(CMA) joint environmental model recommended by DNVGL-RP-C205.
- To generate the scatter diagram for a zone, simply Click on any zone and the zone number, zone description, Indicative Scatter Tables as well as extreme wave heights are generated.
- The output format and presentation can be changed using easy dropdown options. There’s also an option to show the wind sea design period lower and upper bounds.
- The estimated extreme values are shown on the right hand bottom corner.
- The ‘Export Table’ button saves a spreadsheet for editing for post processing by end user