This spreadsheet helps user to design a mooring pattern for a ship mooring by its side (Port or Stbd) to the Quay. The spreadsheet is based on the US Navy DDS-582-1 Calculations for Mooring Systems
- Calculates the Mooring Line Tensions
- Rigorously calculates the environmental forces of wind and current from the graphs provided in DDS-582-1
- Immensely useful in Mooring operations
- Reports the factor of safety for the resulting mooring forces
- It can be used to design for both normal or extreme weather condition
- Only in SI Units!
IGNACIO SANTANA (verified owner) –
Works really fine, easy to apply.