Two point lifts appear simple, but a slight dig reveals multiple constraints which they may throw up – load amplification factors, COG shifts, tilts in the cargo and type of sling.
This app puts all concerns to rest, with a comprehensive calculator for two sling lifts. It can be used to design a new lift configuration using two slings and single crane, or it can be used to verify an existing one. It follows the latest DNV-ST-N-001 guidelines.
- It calculates the design load, the Dynamic Amplification Factor (DAF), and point loads
- It checks the crane lifting capacity, tilt angle, and calculates the lift point load
- The resulting forces and angles can be used to design/check the pad-eye for lifting
- It also provides an elaborate sling design sheet based on DNV-ST-N-001
- Sling Design can be done for Vertical Hitch, Choker Hitch or Basket Hitch