This excel spreadsheet helps you design a pad-eye for Lifting or Transport Operations/Lashing design. It can also be used to verify an existing pad-eye for sling loads.
There are two versions:
- Pad-eye without bracket,
- Pad-eye with one or two brackets
Each type has one cheek plate.
Individually priced at USD 49 each, both can be bought together at USD 89
It rigorously calculates all the stresses coming onto the pad-eye, viz.
1. Geometry check: Main plate radius, Shackle clearances
2. Stress Check for Pin Hole (Tensile, Bearing, Shear, Hertz stress)
3. Stress check for Base Plate (Tensile, Bending, Shear, Von Mises and Combined)
4. Stress Check for Base Weld (Tensile, Bending, Shear, Total Stress)
5. Shear Stress Check for Cheek Plate Weld
Immensely useful for Marine Operations. It is based on the standard references:
API RP 2A WSD